As a first-time-parent and straight-up WORRIER, I knew I wouldn’t be able to sleep without something having a constant eye on my little girl when I couldn’t. From the day she came home to the day she finally outgrew it, the Owlet Smart Sock was on her foot. We only had one red notification, the night she accidentally inhaled some water during her bath. She started choking, coughing, and throwing up water. After getting her settled and laying her down for bed, we received a red notification so we quickly rushed her to the children’s hospital. She had aspirated the water. I don’t even want to think about what another outcome could’ve been if it weren’t for the Smart Sock notifying us.
Fast forward to us finding out we were having twins and knowing we’d most likely have preemies and a NICU stay. When the twins were born at 32 weeks, Breck wasn’t breathing and Briggs needed respiratory support quickly after. They were in the NICU for five weeks and we wanted some peace of mind after we left the NICU, so our next move was to get another Smart Sock.
Breck had pretty severe reflux and within two weeks of the twins being home, we received a red notification. Jon rushed in to find her choking on her spit up and quickly got her up and cleared her out with a suction. We once again could have had a completely different ending without the Owlet Smart Sock. If you’re a new parent or a future parent, Invest. In. This. Product. You will never regret it and your peace of mind is worth the price tag.
- Taylor N.